Greetings Wolf Pack Families!
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and these longer days of sunshine and warmth! As the days heat up, so has the activity level around the rink.
The Wolf Pack Hockey Club, NFP is excited to announce a NEW leadership team! We'd like you to help us welcome MATT WALSH as our new Hockey Director. Matt joins us with many years of hockey experience, both as a coach and as an administrative member of USA Hockey. In addition to his on ice training and coaching, Matt has an extensive career of training coaches through conducting coaching clinics in the Midwest states. This expertise will be significant as our club transitions into a standardized level of coaching and player development. Consistency in our skills and development program will further benefit our players as they advance to the next age level in their hockey careers.
In addition, TREVOR DICARLO has been named as our Assistant Hockey Director. Trevor's dedication to, and knowledge of, the Wolf Pack will provide the best of both worlds as he and Matt work together in progressing our coaches and players forward over the coming season and beyond. Trevor and Matt share similar hockey philosophies in that player development, combined with enjoyment of playing the game of hockey, will result in success for both the individual, as well as the team.
Many players are enjoying our Summer Skate Program. They are among the first athletes to experience HEPD's new OFF ICE facility as well as are improving their hockey skills through drills offered through the smaller training groups the program emphasized. The Moose Jaw League offers yet another sampling of summer hockey opportunities and the response has been encouraging!
Fall Registration is expected to be open by the middle of next week and Matt and Trevor are working diligently on reviewing prospects for the Fall Coaching Slate. We anticipate having at least two teams per level between Squirt and Bantam, as well as a Midget team. As it relates the Midgets, the state of Illinois has not been kind to Midget hockey as only 9 of 41 Tier II (NIHL) organizations hosted Midget teams during the Fall 2016/17 season. In fact, at the Annual AHAI meeting last month, a vote was cast to move the Midget Tryout Date up to August 15th so as to provide clubs such as ours an opportunity to field a Midget team. In the past, high schools had selected their teams prior to September 1st which adversely impacted our ability to field a team with an adequate amount of players. THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT THE MOTION WAS APPROVED!!! The WPHC leadership team is dedicated to fielding a Midget team this fall and information will be distributed to Wolf Pack (and other) Midget level players regarding conditioning skates and tryouts.
In addition to meeting MATT WALSH, the Wolf Pack Hockey Club, NFP Board of Directors has some new faces that we'd like to introduce to you. PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR YOUR WOLF PACK HOCKEY CLUB, NFP ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY, JULY 24TH. For everyone's convenience, the meeting will be held in the Board Room at the Triphahn Center beginning at 7pm. Details regarding jersey fitting dates, player fees, rule changes, our new tryout format and our Hockey Development Committee will be shared with the membership.
We look forward to seeing you Monday!
On behalf of the WPHC, NFP Board of Directors, THANK YOU for your continued support!
Wolf Pack Hockey Club is partnering with the Amita Health Fit American Half marathon and is looking for volunteers to work during the event held this Saturday, July 22nd from 6:45am - 11am.
The event will be held at:
2020 AT&T Center Drive, Hoffman Estates, IL
Volunteers are asked to park in the lots at 2046 Lakewood and walk to the event site. Please meet at the registration tent.
Registration is required as all Wolf Pack participants will have their names entered into a drawing for a $25 gift card. In addition to giving back to the community, a donation will be made to the Wolf Pack Hockey Club based upon our level of participation.
Volunteers will be helping with a variety of jobs including registration and check in of the participants, assisting at water stations, course marshalling, clean up, etc. All ages are welcome and families are encouraged to wear a Wolf Pack hat or shirt. This is a great opportunity to show off your Wolf Pack pride while supporting the marathon participants!!
Register today and show your support! We look forward to seeing as many Wolf Pack Players and Families on Saturday morning as possible!
Contact Nancy Nelson with questions.
Summer is a great time to make “long strides” in hockey development. Smaller classes, less stress with other events and a chance to get out of the heat!
The park district has a number of productive and fun events planned for summer training.
1. Moose Jaw 3 on 3 Summer league- This is a great way to enjoy fun competition and experience great improvement and conditioning in this league that is for the players and essentially run by the players. Register as a team….or as an individual to be placed on a team. Registration deadline is coming up soon! Games are slated to be Tuesdays and Wednesdays. See the link below for details
2. Jr Wolf Pack Tues/Thurs Hockey Skills Training- #232469 B-Excellent focus the Sumo skating 7 elements, applying to the other 4 major skills and then enjoying practicing all in various scrimmage games. The goal is to prepare for team play in the very near future-possibly the fall season
3. Jr Wolf Pack Starter Skating Training-232469 A This Monday session is ideal for the player that is brand new to skating and not quite ready to use a stick. When appropriate plastic sticks are introduced. Get the Sumo foundation of skating “right from the beginning! ”
4. Weekly “Full Day” Hockey Camps- These super fun day camps have become some of the most popular in Illinois. With ice back in at HEPD all summer ,the new off ice training center allowing for great hockey specific off ice focus and fun games, and the use of Seascape pool there is no better way to spend summer days, meet great friends and get in great shape. Lead by Elite coaches Trevor DiCarlo and Steve Centers and a great staff this camp is designed to challenge all levels of experience. Click here for more information and to register.
5. Wolf Pack Summer Weekly Goaltender Clinics-Take advantage of our great staff, many unique training processes including the new off ice center for these Thursday evening sessions
6. Goaltending- Would you like to try playing goal without having to be committed and needing equipment- Coach Matt LaFrenere and staff will set up opportunities at no charge in various ice times during lessons etc…contact him at (firstname.lastname@example.org)
7. Mite Coyote/Wolf Pack Team Training Sessions-Mite coaches are working to determine the best time for weekly hi tempo skates for those planning to play full ice team hockey…Saturday am??? Please feel free to suggest weekday or weekend preference to your coach or e mail me at email@example.com
8. Age specific fall season prep skates- Additional training sessions for players wanting to improve skills and experience hi tempo scrimmage time in preparation for fall team play , additional opportunities are being confirmed by the coaching staff
9. OFF ICE TRAINING- The brand new synthetic ice is is going to add all sorts of additional training opportunities. Top players focus on all sorts of off ice strength, plyos, agility, footwork, toughness athletic training etc in the off season. The new training facility will enable passionate players to drastically improve skating technique and power , speed, stick skills, shooting power, accuracy ,release, secrets to scoring, checking skills etc. Using Video and benchmark testing….Road hockey small games…
Once set up, I will be introducing some specialty clinics I plan to run for the player looking to go to the next level of hockeyexcellence. Lots more to come!
We look forward to a very productive summer season of development for our passionate young players. More to come !
Happy to answer any questions
- Randy Jordan firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this calendar indicates activities for ALL teams in the club.
If you wish to subscribe to your child's team, navigate to their page through the "Teams" tab and select that individual calendar.
Please contact one of the NIHL Board Members below.
You don't have to play for NIHL to register for communications on this site! You can play anywhere - NIHL, NWHL, or Coyotes by updating your NGIN ID to stay in touch with us for upcoming events, tryout info, camps, etc!
1. In order to receive automated email updates from the club, you must create an NGIN ID. This ID will setup your family to receive all club and team communications and these will be sent to all emails on your NGIN ID you setup by navigating to the upper left side of this page and creating it.
2. If you need any additional email accounts to receive details, they must be added to your account.
3. Each email address must be unique so it is in your best interest to setup a parent account and add your children and spouse to it for your household.
4. Here are some tutorial options to help you setup your account if you are going through this the first time:
You may watch this video to walk you through your NGIN setup:http://help.sportngin.com/customer/portal/articles/1607303-how-do-i-create-manage-my-sport-ngin-member-account-video-
OR You may read these instructions: http://help.sportngin.com/customer/portal/articles/619790
If you are still having issues, please reach out to the Webmaster for assistance!
Now that your child has been selected for a NIHL or NWHL team here at the Wolfpack, you can get your players updates on your phone by downloading the Sports NGIN app on either Google Play or Apple Store.
Within the Sports NGIN app, you can obtain your team updates, schedules, notes from your managers and post real time updates onto your team pages all from your mobile device.
1. Search for your team by selecting the "Follow your team"
2. Search for "Wolfpack" and your Team Name as it appears on this Website.
3. You can change your notification settings in the APP as to how often and what type of communications you wish to receive.
4. If you are interested in learning how to "Live score" the games, you can learn through this link: http://www.sportngin.com/mobile