Summer is a great time to make “long strides” in hockey development. Smaller classes, less stress with other events and a chance to get out of the heat!
The park district has a number of productive and fun events planned for summer training.
1. Moose Jaw 3 on 3 Summer league- This is a great way to enjoy fun competition and experience great improvement and conditioning in this league that is for the players and essentially run by the players. Register as a team….or as an individual to be placed on a team. Registration deadline is coming up soon! Games are slated to be Tuesdays and Wednesdays. See the link below for details
2. Jr Wolf Pack Tues/Thurs Hockey Skills Training- #232469 B-Excellent focus the Sumo skating 7 elements, applying to the other 4 major skills and then enjoying practicing all in various scrimmage games. The goal is to prepare for team play in the very near future-possibly the fall season
3. Jr Wolf Pack Starter Skating Training-232469 A This Monday session is ideal for the player that is brand new to skating and not quite ready to use a stick. When appropriate plastic sticks are introduced. Get the Sumo foundation of skating “right from the beginning! ”
4. Weekly “Full Day” Hockey Camps- These super fun day camps have become some of the most popular in Illinois. With ice back in at HEPD all summer ,the new off ice training center allowing for great hockey specific off ice focus and fun games, and the use of Seascape pool there is no better way to spend summer days, meet great friends and get in great shape. Lead by Elite coaches Trevor DiCarlo and Steve Centers and a great staff this camp is designed to challenge all levels of experience.
5. Wolf Pack Summer Weekly Goaltender Clinics-Take advantage of our great staff, many unique training processes including the new off ice center for these Thursday evening sessions
6. Goaltending- Would you like to try playing goal without having to be committed and needing equipment- Coach Matt LaFrenere and staff will set up opportunities at no charge in various ice times during lessons etc…contact him at (email@example.com)
7. Mite Coyote/Wolf Pack Team Training Sessions-Mite coaches are working to determine the best time for weekly hi tempo skates for those planning to play full ice team hockey…Saturday am??? Please feel free to suggest weekday or weekend preference to your coach or e mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Age specific fall season prep skates- Additional training sessions for players wanting to improve skills and experience hi tempo scrimmage time in preparation for fall team play , additional opportunities are being confirmed by the coaching staff
9. OFF ICE TRAINING- The brand new synthetic ice is is going to add all sorts of additional training opportunities. Top players focus on all sorts of off ice strength, plyos, agility, footwork, toughness athletic training etc in the off season. The new training facility will enable passionate players to drastically improve skating technique and power , speed, stick skills, shooting power, accuracy ,release, secrets to scoring, checking skills etc. Using Video and benchmark testing….Road hockey small games…
Once set up, I will be introducing some specialty clinics I plan to run for the player looking to go to the next level of hockeyexcellence. Lots more to come!
We look forward to a very productive summer season of development for our passionate young players. More to come !
Happy to answer any questions
- Randy Jordan email@example.com
NORTHWEST HOCKEY HOUSE TRAVEL LEAGUE www.nwhleague.com
The Wolf Pack Hockey Club is a successful member of the NWHL (Northwest Hockey League) house/travel league that has played against other programs in the Chicagoland area for many years. This is a fun, competitive league where age levels with more than one team must be drafted to be as even as possible. In addition, players must receive balanced ice time as best as possible.
The Wolf Pack program invests an enormous amount of time and effort ensuring teams get the very best coaching possible. Our staff is second to none.
The league is ideal for the newer player as a stepping stone to playing travel hockey, or for the player that likes competition, but does not want the commitment and expectations of travel play. Players are eligible on a first come basis until team rosters are full.
Players deemed by staff professionals not yet ready for the level of play, will be recommended to continue in the advancedhockey skills and development teams at evaluations starting approximately Sept 10. The purpose of this challenging program is to have players ready to fully enjoy the team experience come the spring season.
Most teams try to play in one or two tournaments a year. Some may be out of town. Teams average 3 x per week (more than most programs in this league) ice time which includes team practice, excellent skills sessions and home and away games.
The addition of the new Performance Training Center for Hockey Excellence is also included in this program. This opportunity will enable the dedicated player to vastly “FAST TRAC” their development. It offers off ice training in the most advanced and comprehensive platform for player training at this level. Synthetic ice for stride and speed skating excellence, goalie specific equipment, stickhandling, numerous fitness, agility plyometric forms of equipment and the most effective way to improve game vision, stick skills conditioning etc…road hockey…all happening at the same time!
Hockey players are unique athletes that have to have more passion and desire than any other sport. It is much more fun to be good. The NWHL is a great league for player development…competitive, challenging and fun! Wolf Pack offers more tools to enjoy the game to your best potential!
Fall registration to begin mid-July
NWHL Webmaster - Katy Fong
All team communications will be sent using your NGIN setup you create. Any additional email accounts must be added to your account. Each email address must be unique so it is in your best interest to setup a parent account and add your children and spouse to it for your household.
Here are some options to help you setup your account if you are going through this the first time:
You may watch this video to walk you through your NGIN setup:
you may read these instructions: http://help.sportngin.com/customer/portal/articles/619790